Situated on one of the best natural harbors in the world, Shelburne Harbour Yacht Club, Marina, and Sailing Academy has full service docks and a large mooring field at very competitive rates as well as boat haul out and storage capability. In addition, Shelburne boasts a number of full service marine facilities in town.
Although the Marina closes for the winter months, SHYC's clubhouse pub, The Upper Deck is open year round and maintains a very active social program, including regular weekly dinners and live music.
Our Marina lobby includes a full service kitchen, washrooms with showers, and coin operated laundry services. Our competitive dock and mooring rates include access to all SHYC facilities. More information can be found in Services.
Our Sailing Academy is a teaching and training facility which employs CANSail certified coaches to teach children ages 7 and up. Instruction ranges from a beginner "Wet Feet" program all the way up to a Learn to Race program which teaches advanced racing techniques and tactics. Our Adult Learn to Sail program offers weekend intensives that are both fun and effective, making sailing accessible and affordable to any who might wish to try it.
We are primarily a member volunteer club with several reasonably priced Membership Types. Please drop in to visit during your travels and find out why SHYC has the reputation of being the friendliest Club on the Eastern Seaboard.
Upcoming Events – Click on “Events” and then “Event Link” to see details.
- June 6, 2023Two Toonies & a Bit Tuesday- Open 5:00 - 9:00pm.
- June 8, 2023Racing- Spring 1
- June 10, 2023Racing- Spring 2
- June 13, 2023Two Toonies & a Bit Tuesday- Open 5:00 - 9:00pm.
- June 15, 2023Racing- Spring 3
- June 20, 2023Two Toonies & a Bit Tuesday- Open 5:00 - 9:00pm.
- June 22, 2023Racing- Spring 4
- June 24, 2023Racing- Spring 5
- June 27, 2023Two Toonies & a Bit Tuesday- Open 5:00 - 9:00pm.
- June 29, 2023Racing- Spring 6
- July 1, 2023Racing- Race to Lockeport
- July 4, 2023Two Toonies & a Bit Tuesday- Open 5:00 - 9:00pm.